04/10/2014

ANNABELLE ★ | MOVIE REVIEW





Hey Zengarmy,


If you don't know, October is the symbolical month for Halloween.
I'm pretty sure that everybody is equally excited for this year's Halloween,
because ... "Annabelle" is hitting the theater this month !!!
I watched this movie 2 days ago, which is Thursday,
and it freaks me out.


Pre-Warning :
Part of this blog post contains movie spoilers for "Annabelle"
( Read this at your own risk )






To be honest,
I'm not the biggest fan of horror movies.


Part of the reasons is that I'm a timid person.
( I actually become more and more timid as I grew up, I wonder why ?? )
Not gonna lie but, although horror movie gives me nightmares, 
I'm still excited to watch it, especially when I heard my friends said it's scary.


Frankly speaking,
"The Conjuring" had been one of my all-time favorite horror movie since I first watched it.
I would definitely say it's one of the most classic horror movie ever,
because the story itself is extracted from REAL-LIFE INCIDENT.


I've always loved "The Conjuring". 
Even though it doesn't frighten me as much as it used to, 
I still love the story and everything in general. 


When I discovered that the doll "Annabelle" was a real thing, 
I started looking up a bit information behind the story of the doll and found it quite interesting. 
I always wondered if the creators of the Conjuring were going to do
a story based around the Annabelle Doll, and VOILA!
Here it is and it is just as amazing as ever.
 And I don't even know why, it's not like a 'masterpiece' but there's just something about it 
that just seems frightening and amazing and just keeps you by the edge of your seat. 


If you're in for a good scare and a somewhat good plot, 
then "Annabelle" will be the movie for you. 
However, if you don't like being scared, creepy ass dolls or anything like that, 
step away from this movie and stay far away from it as possible. 


Like I said, it's not a masterpiece, 
but there's just something about it that keeps you hooked from beginning to end. 
Highly recommended for scary-movie lovers.
I would actually give it a 6.9 marks out of 10.






Although "Annabelle" is a horror movie,
the director actually did put in a few sentimental touch 
to "soften the edges" of this movie.
( Am I the only one who finds that a few scenes are quite touching ?? )


Watching "Annabelle" is literally a challenge for me.
I couldn't keep my ears opened throughout the movie,
cause the sound effect at some points of this movie is just TOO SHOCKINGLY SCARY.
( Do you feel me ?? )


Here are a few scenes that I find extremely creepy :

 When there's a fire breakout in the house, Mia tries to flee but trips onto her stomach. 
As she crawls away, an unseen force drags her across the floor, 
but it lets go as soon as a group of men rescues her. 


After hearing something coming from the window, 
Mia sees an unknown figure coming through the window, frightening her, 
and it turns out to be a little girl in a white dress standing by Lea's crib. 
The door to the room begins to close, and as it does the little girl runs toward it, 
then bursts through it appearing as a bloody Annabelle, but disappears.


The church's priest offers to take the doll to the church, 
as it is a Holy place that will weaken the spirit from doing anymore harm. 
When he arrives at the church, he sees the ghost of Annabelle standing behind him, 
and when he tries to flee inside, an unseen force blows him back, seriously injuring him.
 Annabelle's ghost then takes the doll.


  At the hospital, John treats the priest for his injuries, 
but when he wakes up the priest tells him it was Annabelle that injured him. 
John calls Mia to warn her but the phone suffers serious static, 
and Mia can't hear anything he says. 
Just then there's a loud knock on the door. She sees the priest; 
when she asks him if everything is okay, he screams "May God have mercy on your soul!" 
The apartment begins to shake; 
Evelyn tries to make Mia go with her to her apartment but Mia can't find Lea. 
Just then a demon swings down from the ceiling and kicks Evelyn out of the apartment and locks Mia inside.


 Mia runs around the place trying to find her baby, 
only hearing the sounds of her cries. 
She came across the doll lying in Lea's crib; 
Mia angrily asks the doll, Annabelle, what it was she wanted, 
and bashes the doll on the side of the crib. 
She looks behind her and sees what she thinks is Lea's body lying on the floor. 
She picks it up and cries, believing that Lea is dead, 
but it turns out to be one of the dolls from her collection. 
She gets up and sees on the room's window "Your soul" written on the glass.






While most of you are curious about the existence of Annabelle in real life,
I have the answer here :


YES. ANNABELLE IS REAL.


One of the creepiest parts of the truly scary "The Conjuring" is the evil possessed doll Annabelle,
who makes up the cornerstone of Ed and Lorraine Warren's spooky museum of trophies. 
Director James Wan redesigned Annabelle for the movie, 
giving her a much more disturbing appearance, 
but in real life Annabelle was just your run of the mill Raggedy Ann doll. 


If you're interested in finding out the truth,
click on the link below :



Photo by Badass Digest.




MWAHAHAHAHA
Does that scare you ???
See you guys in my next blog post !







 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png