02/04/2015

HOW TO FIND POSITIVITY IN THE WORLD OF NEGATIVE ?








Hey Zengarmy,



“ When you're in a Slump,
you're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself is not easily done. ”



I've recently been able to relate to this quote rather too well for my liking.

I've spent the last few weeks, maybe more, feeling stuck.
Everything in my life is a little bit weird at the moment.
I'm approaching a period of huge change, where I'm not really sure what to expect,
and it's hard to predict what direction I will be going in in a few months time.
As well as this, I've been snowed under with tests, exams, projects, deadlines
and far too many not-so-fun things to do.
I think a combination of all of this took it's toll and left me in a bit of a funk.
I took some time out to relax and thankfully am now feeling a bit more like myself,
so though I'd share some things that helped...
Constantly being reminded of all the bad things happening every day,
many of which are beyond our control, can leave us feeling fearful and defeated.
It’s as if nothing positive ever happens in our life.
Unless an uplifting video goes viral, you’re bound to consider all news negative.
Not good for your mood or your soul to say the least!






HOW TO :
FIND POSITIVITY IN THE WORLD OF NEGATIVE ?


 Sign out of twitter.
Go on, I dare you. Facebook too.
I can't be the only one who sits refreshing my timeline for far too long,
reading about what other people are doing
and dwelling on every little bit of negativity that crosses my path.
It's not healthy, and although it's weird to switch it off for a while,
it's necessary to clear your head.


 Pop on your prettiest clothes,
and wear it around the house.
For me, as shallow as it may sound to some,
if I look good, then most of the time I feel good.
Slumming it in your gym gear for 3 days straight doesn't do anyone any good,
and dressing up is always fun!


 Change one thing.
Making big changes can be overwhelming and scary, so try doing little things.
Change one thing at a time, and stick with it for a whole week.
My big goals that I set myself to feel better
involved changing my lifestyle to a far healthier one,
but that's a fairly big task to do right away.
My first week task was much smaller and more manageable,
to cut sugar out of my tea for a week.
It was a very manageable goal and I managed to stick to it,
making me feel good about the outcome,
as well as that little boost you get when you hit your target!


 Go outside every day.
A fairly obvious one, but getting a bit of fresh air,
and even a glimpse of sunshine really can do the world of good.
A gentle walk and a bit of exercise never hurt anyone!


 Rest. And embrace resting.
And don’t feel guilty about stopping.
This is the one that was the hardest for me,
I find it so hard to not do anything without worrying that I've got too much to do.
Rest is important or eventually you could end up burning yourself out to the point of 
ending up stuck on forced bed rest, which nobody needs.
Take a bit of time to do nothing, and your body will thank you.


 Stop looking at what everyone else is doing.
You've probably heard that saying that comparison is the thief of joy,
and I truly believe that it can be.
This goes along with my first point of giving yourself a little break from social media, 
where it can be so easy to get caught up on what everyone else is up to.
It's so important to do what you need to do, and to do it at your own pace!







I hope this might help anyone who is feeling a little bit stuck too.
If you have any tips, I'd love if you could share them too!

Till next time, Zengarmy.









 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png