27/03/2015

FACING YOUR FEARS. ☠

P H O T O   C R E D I T S  :  My dear friend, Kiar ( shenfalse.blogspot.com )






Hey Zengarmy,

erm ...... YES, that's NOT me in the picture,
(just in case you're wondering LOL)
FYI, this guy named Kiar in the picture is my friend,
and he generously allow me to use his artsy photo as my blog post cover✌
We've known each other since secondary school,
and now we've become college friends & blogger friends !!!
He has a lifestyle blog too,
you guys should go & check him out sometimes ☺
( shenfalse.blogspot.com ) 


And ... ooh
if you guys like his blog,
don't hesitate to check out his social medias too =)
Instagram : www.instagram.com/chershen1201
Facebook : www.facebook.com/chershen.kiar


Okay. Back to the topic today.
"What are you afraid of ?"


If you asked me this question when I was a child,
my answer will probably be : NO. I'm fearlesss !!!
But now, I'm afraid of so many things,
that I can't even finish counting them.


I'm afraid of losing my family.
I'm afraid of losing my best friends.
I'm afraid of death.
I'm afraid of darkness.
I'm afraid of being stranded in the crowd.
I'm afraid of pretty much everything on the Earth,
just with different scales of fear.







When I was a child I was afraid of dogs.
Every time I passed through a dog lying on the ground,
I ran as fast as I could,
because I think that they would bite my butt off.
( silly me. I know. )
But then one time, my aunt saw me running past a dog
with a constant speed of 2 million meter per second,
( I'm just exaggerating, don't be a fool )
she stopped me & asked me WHY.
Fearfully, I told her the truth,
and she immediately brought out her pet dog in front of me
AND ASK ME TO TOUCH IT.


AND I WAS THINKING LIKE : WHAT THE F**K ?
YOU ASK ME TO TOUCH IT, EVEN WHEN YOU KNEW THAT I WAS AFRAID ?


But she insisted. So I did.
And the dog didn't bite my butt off.
And I was safe and sound.


I guess the moral of this story is that :
When you're afraid of something, either tangible or intangible,
the best way to solve it is to FACE IT,and knowing that your fear is just an illusion,
and there's nothing that could hold you back.
Sometimes you have to face your fears to realize that they aren't actually real.
That you aren't actually going to die - or your butt get bitten off by a dog.


When you're afraid of something intangible,
and your fear is making you feel all tense in your head,
or sick in your stomach, or tight in your chest,
you have to picture it as an actual shape and give it a colour.
And then just think to yourself that it's OK to feel anxious
and just allow it to be and it will start to fade away.
When you get panicky, don't fight it.
That makes it a million times worse.
Just say to yourself,

"OK, I'm feeling anxious right now, but that's all right." 







I hope you find this blog post helpful.
Leave your comments below if you have anything to share,
so that we can all benefit from it ☺
Till next time, Zengarmy.









No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png