28/07/2015

THEY ARE JUST ... JEALOUS ? | #ZENGTALK






Hey Zengarmy,


" Inspiration ignites passion,
Jealousy ignites insecurities."



Today I am going to talk to you guys about something
that I'm not very good at dealing with, most of the time.
Yes. Today I'm going to talk about dealing with jealousy.
Jealousy is a very common emotion in human mind.
We all have it, so don't act like you're a saint and say you don't feel jealous.
Because let's face it : the grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?



To be honest with you guys,
I used to be the one who is constantly jealous of other people.
I would look at other people's success and wished that they'll fail soon. lol.
But lately I've came to a point of realization,
where I realized that jealousy is such a wasted emotion,
that brings you NOTHING but negativity and pointless competition.
We should be building each other up instead of tearing each other down!



So, I was having a conversation with my friend not too long ago,
and we both noticed a strange phenomenon on Instagram :
People who initially have the same amount of followers as you
will probably unfollow you once your amount of followers exceeded theirs.
This made me super mad because often times when my followers increased,
some people will automatically unfollow me for no reason,
causing my number of followers to be static throughout the months.



"Most of the people will be worshiping people who have millions of followers,
while feeling jealous of people who have slightly more amount of followers than them."
My friend added. And we both clicked instantly on this theory.
Jealousy is an emotion that will eat you up, instead of lifting you up.
Don't ever think that jealousy is equivalent to inspiration,
THEY ARE TWO VERY DIFFERENT THINGS!



I recently watched a video from a YouTuber named Carrie Hope Fletcher,
and I have to agree with her opinion on "Tall Poppy Syndrome".
Have a watch on her video before continue reading :)







[ tall pop·py syn·drome ]
noun
AUSTRALIANinformal
  1. a perceived tendency to discredit or disparage
  2. those who have achieved notable wealth or prominence in public life.







Yes. Tall Poppy Syndrome is not a simply-made-up-online-swag-word.
It does exist in dictionary and wikipedia. Search for it if you don't believe me.
It perfectly describes the social phenomenon in which people of genuine merit are 
resented, attacked, cut down, or criticised because their talents or achievements
elevate them above or distinguish them from their peers.
This is similar to begrudgery, the resentment or envy of the success of a peer.



This reminded me of a blog post that I've written a while ago,
where I talked about my first encounter with my hater. hahaha.
Go have a good read if you want to laugh out loud, kerkerker.
#hatersgonnahate



Being a YouTuber means that I have to put myself out in the online world to be judged.
And if you want to be a YouTuber, the first thing you need to know is that,
not everyone is going to be nice to you & not every comment is going to be nice.
Some people are literally gonna leave the nastiest comment to hurt you for no reason.
The way I figure it out, they're probably struck by jealousy,
that they have to attack people verbally/anonymously to vent their frustrations.
I felt quite sorry for these pathetic people sometimes. God bless them. lol.



It's hilarious to think about the haters' mentalities too.
I don't understand it. If you don't like my video,
just simply click away and stop watching lah,
why bother to waste your time to press the dislike button
and leave nasty hateful comments?



Don't like this give me such privilege lah, I am shy!






Hahahahahahahahahahaha
I should probably stop here for now.
See you in my next blog post, Zengarmy.


PS : Just a reminder that I might not be blogging too frequently
for the upcoming months because my new course is starting :(
Don't miss me too much hahahahaha.
Follow me on my social medias for more updates!


INSTAGRAM | instagram.com/zengteck

TWITTER | twitter.com/zengteck
FACEBOOK | facebook.com/MrGagaguilera
YOUTUBE | youtube.com/MrGagaguilera








 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png