01/05/2016

CAPTAIN AMERICA : CIVIL WAR ★ | MOVIE REVIEW







Hey Zengarmy,


Okay guys so I watched this globally-antincipated-epic-superhero movie
yesterday morning and I seriously got #NOCHILL for this movie! OMGGG!
12 superheroes all together in a single movie? What more can I wish for??


[ FUN FACT ]

I pre-bought the tickets for this movie one week earlier
before the premiere because I'm THAT excited for this!
#sorrynotsorry #nochill #noshame #dontjudgemeimfangirl






With the appearance of Spider-Man in the last few seconds of the official trailer,
THE ENTIRE INTERNET WORLD BLEW UP, AND SO WAS I. Unlike some of those Marvel
comic fanatics who can already foresee the joining of Spider-Man into the Avengers,
I was totally caught off the freaking guard and screamed my lungs out when I first
watched the movie trailer. Yes, homeboy got no chill when it comes to superheroes.






Most Marvel fans who read the original comic books claimed that this movie
is by far the best superhero movie by Marvel & the closest replica to the
Civil War comic published in the earlier years. However, since I didn't read
the original comic books, I will therefore review this movie as a Marvel fan
whom have no previous comic book comparisons to compare this movie with.



So, what do I think of this movie after watching it?



To be honest with you guys, I didn't really enjoy this movie as much as I think I would,
but in my opinion it was definitely wayyy better than the Batman V Superman movie.
(I wrote a movie review for Batman V Superman so you can read it HERE if you want)
Why didn't I enjoy this movie? You ask. Well, I didn't enjoy it not because it was poorly
directed / the acting was lousy / the action is inadequate / the humour is insufficient,



I didn't fully enjoy it because there is just
TOO MUCH INFORMATION TO BE DIGESTED.



Imagine yourself eating your favorite meals (eg. McDonalds) continuously for 2.5 hours.
Would you still enjoy it? Maybe. Maybe some people would enjoy that but I'm not really a
huge fan of binging. It's so strange for me to say this because if you ask me to grade this
movie on the scale of 1 to 10, I WOULD GIVE THIS MOVIE A SOLID 9 OUT OF 10 for sure.



Anyways, that's just one of my afterthoughts right after I finished watching this movie.
I guess the main reason is because of the duration of the movie itself (2 hours 27 minutes),
which causes me to feel tired and overloaded instead of feeling satisfied as per usual.
As I was watching the movie, I had to keep reminding myself that the main star of this
movie IS Captain America (duh, obviously) and NOT the rest of the Avengers. In simpler
words, I'm not very happy with the fact that the other Avengers managed to steal the show,
since the title of this movie is Captain America: Civil War & NOT The Avengers: Civil War.



Do I even make any sense?



What I'm trying to say is : I'm very happy with the actors & directors, just not with
the saddening fact that Captain America is not even the main star in his own movie.
For me this movie feels like another Avengers franchise, just without Thor & The Hulk.



Speaking of the casts and the directors, first of all can we all just quickly take a
moment to applaud for the directors of this movie : Anthony Russo & Joe Russo??
It was definitely NOT AN EASY TASK to fit in 12 Marvel superheroes each with their
own different background stories into a single movie & not making it 5-hours-long!





#TeamIronMan

Members (from left to right) :

Iron Man, Black Widow, Black Panther, War Machine, & Vision.
(And also, Spider-Man. He later joined as a special guest to freak us out.)



V.S.



#TeamCap

Members (from right to left) :

Captain America, Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Scarlett Witch, & Falcon.
(And also, Ant-Man. You can't see him here because he is... well, tiny.)





A villain that appeared in this movie for only a short while : Crossbones.






Not going to give away any movie spoilers in this post (even though I wanted to!),
but the ONLY thing I can disclose here is that nobody dies in this movie (relax!).
The movie ended up in a good ending, with a strong indication that another huge
storm is cooking up in the next Avengers franchise, which is named Infinity War.



Another highlight that I wanted to point out from this movie is that
the newly introduced Spider-Man is way better than the previous ones.
I know, I know, the Spidey with robotic eyes that you saw in the movie
trailer doesn't look too convincing to be better than the previous ones
played by Tobey Maguire & Andrew Garfield, but trust me, wait until
you watched this movie & you'll be totally agreeing to what I've said.
I love Tobey Maguire & Andrew Garfield, but no offense, Tom Holland
is by far the closest replica to the comic-style Spider-Man! The way
he speaks & moves reminds me exactly of the Spider-Man in the comic!



If you're going to watch this movie in the cinema this weekend,
PLEASE STAY UNTIL THE VERY END OF THE MOVIE FOR GOD'S SAKE,
BECAUSE THERE ARE 2 EXTRA SCENES HIDDEN IN THE MOVIE CREDITS!!



( Trust me, you wouldn't want to miss those extra scenes! )







Overall, the plot, actions and humours in this movie are superbly directed.
The only downside is that the movie duration is a little bit too long for me.
However, I would definitely recommend this movie to everybody because
(1) IT IS EPIC, & (2) it's not very often that you can witness 12 superheroes
appearing in one single movie and fight against each other face-to-face.



Which side are you in? #TeamIronMan OR #TeamCap?









        
(CLICK TO FOLLOW ALONG & STAY UPDATED)

 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png