07/03/2015

THINGS I WOULD TELL MY TEENAGE SELF. | #DEARME







Hey Zengarmy,


A few days ago, YouTube launched an online campaign called
# DEAR ME ,
where dozens of famous YouTubers make videos
to send message to their teenage self,
as well as to spread awareness among the teenagers nowadays
so that they'll start to love themselves more.




I was very touched by this idea.
When I was younger I had a very low self esteem.
When I want something, for example an ice cream,
I would even ask myself :
" Do I really deserve this ice cream or not ? "


I'm always hiding in my "ZengTeck Shell"

because I can't stand any disappointment.
I've forgotten the simplest purpose of live, which is :
TO LOVE YOURSELF MORE.







And hence,
I decided to make one #DearMe video
for my teenage self.



P.S. : Don't forget to like & share this video xx







Dear Zeng Teck, 
dear me. 


If I could go back to my teenage years,
I would tell myself that :
It's okay to be not okay,
It's okay to be different,
Its okay to be weird.
and even if you think that you're super normal, super ordinary, its okay !!!


One of the advice that I would definitely tell myself
back in my teenage years is that :
Do not try to change yourself just to fit in.
I repeat : DO NOT try to change yourself just to fit in.


Growing up as a boy with a girl's voice,
I experienced quite a lot of humiliation,
where some mean people would just call me "sissy" or "gay" behind me.
I was definitely very embarrassed back then
but thank God I made the right choice
to not change myself just to please all those stupid haters out there.


Looking back, I'm glad that I stick to my principle to be, different. 
The more you grow up, the more you'll notice that being different is awesome. 
Just embrace your weirdness,
stop labeling yourself, and, start living your life to the fullest. 


I know that going through teenage life is tough, especially in high school.
you'll start to have the idea of fitting into the crowd
& wish that you could be like one the cool kids in your school. 
I know its unavoidable at some point, but please bear in your mind that,
everyone is unique & irreplaceable, including YOU yourself. 


When I was about 15 or 16,
I try to fit in & impress other people SO HARD that I wasn't happy at all.
My anxiety got worse & worse, & I would wake up from the same nightmare every night. 
But then, I realize that you'll be happier if you just be yourself
than to be somebody else which you're NOT. 


I guess that what I'm trying to tell you guys through this video is that :
you only have one life, 
and what's the point of your life if
you're constantly trying to be something you're not? 
(well, unless you're a cat & you have 9 lives. That's another story). 


If you wanna change yourself,
make sure that you're really comfortable with it,
rather than to impress other people. 


If you're watching this video and you're thinking that :
you're too fat, you're too skinny, you're too short, you're too tall,
you're not pretty, or your eyes are just too small,
let me tell you something :
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL !!! 


Lyrics from one of my favorite songs from Christina Aguilera : Beautiful. 


Every teenager kinda goes through this phase of insecurities
where you're just not happy with yourself & you just hate your life. 
And to be honest, I went through this phase before
& I felt like I'm alone & I'm the only one.


But soon, I realize that if you don't like yourself,
nobody else will like you,
not your family, not your teachers, not your friends. 
SO, do more of what makes you happy, and do it often! 


I hope you're happy.
I hope you love yourself more. 
DEAR ME. From the future.












 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png