28/06/2015

PEOPLE JUDGE, AND THEY THINK IT'S OKAY.





Hey Zengarmy,


People judge, a lot.
And the scariest part is that :
They think it's okay to judge other people
" since everybody is doing it "



When I was a kid, I would always wonder :
How do people differentiate "cool kids" from "nerds" ?
I even thought that there's a secret chamber in the world,
where people would just go in & sit down & say :
"Okay, ladies and gentlemen, let's vote X as a cool kid & Y as a nerd. Any objection?"
( don't judge me I was only 7 years old back then. )



I read one of my friend, Celine's blog post,
and it inspires me A LOT, like HELL A LOT.
I am going to link her blog & this blog post down below :


B L O G  :
simplecel.wordpress.com

B L O G P O S T  :
simplecel.wordpress.com/2015/05/04/an-honest-answered







" People told me to be myself.
And then they judge me. "


I saw this caption somewhere on Instagram a few days ago,
and I was like " Damn girl I'm totally on your side !!! "


The world we're living in right now, is NOT a wonderland.
There are still wars. Some people are still starving.
They don't even have the chance to go to school,
NOT EVEN HAVING A FRIEND.
Imagine that.


And on top of that,
people judge people.
Society judge us. Parents judge kids.
Teachers judge students. Friends judge friends.
And a lot more "judges" judging people whom they don't even know.
Who do they think they are? GOD?
NO! Even God don't judge.


I've always loved the idea of writing a book.
I mean, it's my ultimate dream to inspire people.
When I was a kid, (God, I'm reminiscing so much today hahaha)
I would always doodle down my thoughts whenever I was free,
but my mom thinks that I'm wasting my life.
She would ask : "Have you done your homework?"
Sometimes I said yes, even if I haven't.
Then she would go on : "Then go do revision lah !!!"


And then, of course, a real mother will NOT stop babbling.
"You better stop wasting your time writing stuff I tell you"
"You wanna be a writer when you're older?

Let me tell you, infamous writers DO NOT EARN"
"Why don't you focus a little bit more & then become a doctor?"
"You can earn a lot of money *smiley face*"


And then I was brainwashed.
I decided to fully ignore whatever natural talent I have within me,

and just focus on Science, because "people love Science, yay" !!!


LOLZ.
Science is actually very fun, if & only if there's no examination.
After I've graduated from high school,

I didn't even stop for a second to think about my life.
There's a voice inside my head telling me :
"Zeng Teck, please choose pure Science, you will not regret I promise"
And then I was kind of hanging on the brink,

pondering whether to choose Science or Art.


I know nothing in Art, even if I'm interested in Art,
because all my life so far had been spent learning Science.
I was afraid to be judged.
My kin and relative like to judge people, a lot.
I was afraid that when they asked me : 
"What is your job now?"
And when I answered artist, they might burst into a ball of laughter.


"You chose Art because you're
NOT smart enough to choose Science."


This is my imaginary answer from them.
Cowardly, I was scared of being judged.

And hence I decided to pursue Psychology instead.
It's like a combination between exploring human brain & behavior and helping people.
I love inspiring people, with my words, with my music, whatever.
Afterwards, I got into the world of blogging & YouTube,
AND I WAS CONSTANTLY INSPIRED EVER SINCE.
I finally realized that I live to create, to inspire.

That feeling of being able to help at least one person to be motivated keeps me moving.
IT KEEPS ME MOVING.


Some of my friend started asking me whether they should

start a blog, or start a YouTube channel,
and I would tell them :
"Follow wherever your heart goes,
as long as it's LEGAL & GOOD FOR YOU,
cause you only live once,
and those people who're judging you?
They're not going to live your life,
YOU ARE THE ONE WHO'S GOING TO LIVE YOUR LIFE."






I am going to end this blog post with
an inspiring video from Michelle Phan :










 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png