30/10/2015

FRIDAY PAMPER NIGHT ROUTINE ♡






Hey Zengarmy,


What's better than a pamper session on Friday night? Nothing!

Today is one of those days when my hormone decides to take over
my mood and tell me that I'm ugly I'm worthless I'm a failure and bla bla bla,
so I figured it would be the perfect day for a pamper session. Yay! TGIF!



I always feel guilty when people told me that I should pamper myself.
I mean, I'm not earning ANY money now. I wish I could but I can't.
The truth is : I'm still living on my parent's money every month,
which is quite embarrassing for a 19-year-old college student. :(



However, in today's blog post,
I'm going to show you how to pamper yourself
without spending a bomb on buying expensive products.






Nature Republic Soothing & Moisturizing Aloe Vera Gel

" Yes Please " by Amy Poehler


My Spotify playlists for pamper night


My bed + my blanket + my pillow




See? You don't have to splurge on tonnes of products to do a spa night.
The aloe vera gel that I got from Nature Republic costed me around RM30,
and the best part is it's volume - 300ml !!! (you can literally use it for a year)
I actually went to The Faceshop, Innisfree, and Nature Republic
to compare the prices of their signature aloe vera gel,
and I finally decided on the one from Nature Republic since it's the cheapest.



Depending on your skin type,
(skin type is a very personal thing because it varies, eyebrows too.)
I would recommend you to check online for professional reviews
or ask around for feedback from your friends that had used the product.
A friend of mine with a quite similar skin type as mine (half-oily-half-dry)
told me that he used the product once and after a few months later
he found out that his skin got a little bit drier than normal.
He stopped using the product since then.



Hence, in my case, I try not to use the product too frequently.
For your information, a soothing gel serves to moisturize your skin
and combat shininess by absorbing the oil particles on your skin surface.
You can go ahead and use a moisturizer, but since I dislike the greasy feeling
on my face every time I use a moisturizer, I decided to use the gel instead.



Since a soothing gel can be applied on everywhere on your skin (including body),
I thought it would be a good idea to use the gel on my pamper night.
When you apply the product on your skin, it gives you a cooling sensation,
(probably because of the alcohol contained inside the product)
which is a much needed sensation in a hot country like Malaysia ;)
In addition, it leaves your skin nicely moisturized but not greasy at all,
besides giving your skin a soothing sensation and refreshing smell.
Due to the word of caution from my friend, I only use the product
once a day on my face everyday and once a week on my body.







Moving on to the next one,
a reading material is always a must on my pamper night.
Don't get me wrong, when I say reading material it doesn't include textbook.
I'm not thhhhhhat hardcore. Ain't nobody do revision on the pamper night!
The book I'm currently reading is "Yes Please" by Amy Poehler.
When I first heard of the name of this book I actually heard it from a YouTuber.
(I can't remember whether it's a he or she, let alone the name. Forgive me!)
Anyways, I was very tempted to get my own copy since then.
But this book that I'm currently holding onto is actually not mine haha.
I borrowed it from a friend who is willing to lend me the book :D
(it saves me another decent amount of money kerkerker)



Alright stop babbling Zeng Teck get back to the book review!



This book is simply genius and entertaining!
On the first day upon receiving the book I already read until page 57.
That's how captivating this book is. Not even kidding.
I think the main factor that contributes to the attractiveness
of this book is the author's tone and attitude in this book.
Ladies and gentlemen, this book is not your ordinary book.
It's a conversation with a business woman raising 2 kids in her 40s.
It's a story of the life of a woman who went from zero to hero.
It's a story of hardship of a comedian behind the scenes of SNL.
It's a masterpiece for people who wish to know more about American culture.
After almost a quarter into this book I've already fallen in love with Amy Poehler.
Her confidence, perseverance, and belief in her purpose motivate me.
Love love love this book. I can't wait to finish this book.
The only thing standing in between me and this book is the classes
that I have to attend on weekdays, the goddamn assignments,
and last but not least the call of nature (aka eating, drinking & shitting).



If you're a person that is easily offended by the F words,
let me kindly remind you that there're tonnes of those in this book.



For music wise, I've been loving using Spotify lately.
Most of you guys reading this will probably be rolling your eyes
& be like : "What the hell Zeng Teck? Spotify existed since last decade!"
I'm not gonna lie. Although this is embarrassing to admit, I admit it.
I might be the only person in my generation to start using Spotify this late!
Anyways, for the whole October I've been using Spotify religiously every day.
Selena Gomez's Revival, Demi Lovato's Confident & Tori Kelly's Unbreakable Smile
are hands down 3 of my favorite albums for the past whole month.







That's basically it. My Friday pamper night routine.
Let me know in the comment section below what's your
favorite thing to do during your pamper routine!
Or maybe we can share our favorite music at the moment?








 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png