28/12/2015

#GIRLBOSS ★ | BOOK REVIEW






Hey Zengarmy,


Okay I have a confession to make : I haven't properly started reading this book yet
because I was busy preparing for my final exam & had literally no time for other things.
I kept telling myself to read this book the moment I finished my final exam, but DAMN,
after my final exam is over, I totally forgot about the existence of this book :P (LOL!)



Fast-forward to a few days ago, I finally started reading this book, AND HELL YES!
THIS BOOK IS SO AMAZING THAT I FINISHED IT IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS !!!
Some of you avid readers out there might be laughing at this statement, but hey,
this is my first time in my whole life of being able to finish reading a book in a day!






Okay now back to the book review.
#GIRLBOSS is one of those annoying books that you
wouldn't want to put it down once you've picked it up.
Have I made it clear enough? It Is THAT GOOD TO ME!!!
I'm telling you to get this book from your nearest bookstore because
no matter what age/race/gender are you, YOU NEED THIS BOOK!



If I really had to rate this book on the scale of 1 to 10 (duh),
I wouldn't hesitate to give this book a solid 9.5 out of 10 !!!
To be frank, I wasn't expecting myself to be so obsessed with this book.
I mean, I bought this book only because SO MANY YouTubers are recommending it.
Even when I was reading the first chapter of this book, I didn't quite like it,
because this book screams feminism at the fullest force to me! (hahaha)



I hereby declare that I'm not against feminist,
but too much of a good thing is bad. Heheheh!



However, as I keep on reading this book,
I can't seem to peel my eyes off the pages anymore.
Sophia Amoruso is a badass bitch with a badass attitude!
And I (even though a male) wish that I could be her one day!



If you're wondering, this book is about the story of Sophia Amoruso
on how she started her one-woman-business from scratches to now
becoming the CEO & founder of the famous brand Nasty Gal.
And if you're scratching your head because you haven't heard of Nasty Gal,
Gurl, where have you been?!



Fear not, here's a short description copy-&-pasted from Wikipedia.





Nasty Gal is an American-based and owned retailer that specializes
in fashion clothing, shoes, and accessories for young women.
The company has more than 550,000 customers in over 60 countries.
Founded by Sophia Amoruso in 2006, Nasty Gal was named
“Fastest Growing Retailer” in 2012 by INC Magazine.





And the most amazing part? It all started on eBay!
Sophia Amoruso single-handedly started this entire business online,
and without borrowing a single penny from banks, she recruited partners
along the journey & finally brought up the company from scratches to giant!



To me, this book is very well-written & thought-provoking!
It makes me think about my purpose in life & how I should work on it.
It makes me realize that doing what everybody else is doing is BULLSHIT.
It makes me realize that I should be believing in my own talent & instinct.
It makes me believe that being a never-growing-up child is the best decision!





 Here are "a few" of my favorite quotes : 



▷ No matter where you are in life, you'll save a lot of time by not
worrying too much about what other people think about you.
The earlier in your life that you can learn that, the easier the rest of it will be.



▷ The energy you’ll expend focusing on someone else’s life
is better spent working on your own. Just be your own idol.



▷ Abandon anything about your life and habits that might be holding you back.
Learn to create your own opportunities. Know that there is no finish line;
fortune favors action. Race balls-out toward the extraordinary life that
you’ve always dreamed of, or still haven’t had time to dream up.
And prepare to have a hell of a lot of fun along the way.



▷ Even with no manager watching to give me a gold 
star, it was important to do my best. Who cares if a tree 
falls in a forest and no one hears it? The tree still falls. 
If you believe that what you’re doing will have positive results,
it will—even if it’s not immediately obvious. 
When you hold yourself to the same standard in your 
work that you do as a friend, girlfriend, student, or 
otherwise, it pays off.



▷ Bad bitches are taking over the world.



▷ Each time you make a good decision or do something nice or take care of yourself;
each time you show up to work and work hard and do your best at everything you can do
 you’re planting seeds for a life that you can only hope will grow beyond your wildest dreams.
Take care of the little things—even the little things that you hate
—and treat them as promises to your own future.
Soon you’ll see that fortune favors the bold who get shit done.



▷ It’s cool to be kind. It’s cool to be weird. 
It’s cool to be honest and to be secure with yourself.



▷ If you’re frustrated because you’re not getting what you want, stop for a second:
Have you actually flat-out asked for it? If you haven’t, stop complaining.
You can’t expect the world to read your mind.
You have to put it out there, and sometimes putting it out there
is as simple as just saying, “Hey, can I have that?



▷ My dad has always said that the definition of crazy is doing
the same thing over and over and expecting different results, and it’s so true.



▷ Opinions are like assholes;
everybody’s got one.



▷ You have to kick people out of your head as forcefully
as you'd kick someone out of your house.




Me after reading #GIRLBOSS :






If you're currently in a very bad situation in your life (we all do),
then I urge you to get this book and read it ASAP! Please read it!
Once I've finished reading this book, I got all inspired & motivated,
that I decided to launch another new website to promote my brand!




I actually got this idea of starting a new website since September,
and this book, #GIRLBOSS, just came in the right timing!
Don't worry, this doesn't mean that I'm going to abandon this blog!
From now on this blog will be the place where I share my stories,
while my new website serves as a place for me to recommend things
to you guys (aka Zengarmy!). That's why I named the website Zengarmy :)


To put it simpler, imagine this blog as my diary & my website as a community.


On the site note, you can now head over to my new website
to check out my currently obsessed items! (updated from time to time)
Most items mentioned are directly linked to Amazon to make purchase easier!
Okay. One thing I had to confess about this website tho, is that :
it CANNOT BE SEARCHED on online searching engines such as Google!
I had to actually pay to upgrade the site so that it can become searchable.
Damn. No thank you. Guess I'll just have to temporarily deal with it for now.


Enough ramble. This book review is heading towards a weird ending haha.
So, for godness sake, I'd better end it now! See you in my next one!







(CLICK TO FOLLOW ALONG & STAY UPDATED)

 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png