01/01/2015

HELLO 2015. ❤






Hey Zengarmy,


After giving you all a re-cap of my 2014 in my previous post (both good and bad), 
it's only right now, to start the new year on a positive note. 
After a turbulent year, I am determined to make 2015 the best ever. 
I can't say I have ever stuck to resolutions, 
but I want to make a list of things I'd like to do and achieve, 
and at the end of this year I want to look back and see which I managed to do. 
I think it's important to set goals and aims to give you something to look forward to, 
and strive towards. 
It's also the best feeling once you actually manage to accomplish something.






Don't sweat the small stuff.

Being a naturally very worried person (that's anxiety and panic for you), 
I tend to get very overly stressed about very small and insignificant things. 
I need to learn that some things really don't matter, 
and that sometimes I really shouldn't give a F...monkeys. 
2015 is going to be the year of minimal stress and maximum enjoyment.



Think more positive.

I would say that in a lot of situations, 
I am able to see the positive aspects but definitely not often enough. 
I will more than likely think of all the negatives of something, 
before I even consider a more positive outcome. 
It's mostly reflected in the mood I am in. 
If I'm feeling a bit down or anxious, I can be a right negative ninny. 
I need to stop finding things wrong with everything, 
and start looking for all the great things in sticky situations, 
and remember that it's not the be all and end all if things don't go as planned.



Drink more water.

I went through a little phase last year, 
where I became slightly addicted to attempting to finish 2L bottles of water in a day. 
I remember that it was sometimes quite a struggle, 
but also that it made me feel so much better inside and out. 
I felt a lot more healthy, a lot more hydrated and my skin was also thankful. 
It's certainly not an easy thing for me to try and do, 
as I'm naturally not a very thirsty person, 
and being quite skinny, it doesn't take a lot of liquid, 
before I feel like i'm going to burst from the inside out or wee myself. haha. 
I'm going to try and drink a lot more, 
whether I manage to complete a 2L bottle a day or just come close, 
it will be a vast improvement from "oh, I forgot to have a drink today...". Oops.



Be more organised.

Since I left my secondary school, 
my organisation skills have gone straight out of the window. 
I’m crap at getting back to people and replying on time because I get easily distracted. 
I must make a point of replying immediately when an email/text/call comes through, 
AND not leave it til it’s too late! 
( which has too often been the case mwahahaha )
I am useless at keeping track of life events and juggling my days. 
I've already filled in all my dates etc in my new diary, 
and I'm going to carry it around with me and continue to keep track of what's going on, 
in order to make sure I'm not on top of myself with not knowing what's happening. 
Days all seem to blur into one nowadays, 
and this doesn't bode well with my messy organisational skills. 
I feel a lot more at ease when I have things sorted and filed neatly, 
and I know what's happening and when.



 Write more.

I’ve got an idea for a fiction story that I’ve had in my head for the last couple months, 
and until it’s out and down on paper, (or on the computer screen)
it’s not going to leave me alone! 
I just gotta get it out there! 
I also want to keep up with this blog more! WRITE WRITE WRITE!
Towards the middle of the year my blog got left outside on the doorstep for a while. 
Myself and my blog have always had a very on and off relationship, 
throughout the (almost) 6 months of us being together. 
It's not that I decide that I don't like it sometimes, 
it's just that often I find writing is an unenjoyable experience, 
when I feel as though i'm updating it just for the sake of it. 
I always want to produce posts that I love, and in turn, that I think you'll love too.
 Because of this, I sometimes step aside for a while, just to get my creative juices back,
 then I reappear loving it just as much as I did before. 
In true Ross from Friends style "WE WERE ON A BREAK". 
I want to spend more time creating blog posts this year, 
and really learning to love my blog a lot more. 
Call it lovers therapy...or bloggers therapy...



Be the best version of you.

This is one of my favorite quotes. 
I'm not sure where it comes from, 
but I currently have this quote set as my desktop background 
(not the one from my previous blogpost with me in it, that would be slightly odd...haha). 
I like that it encourages you to be the very best you can be, 
surround yourself with people that bring out the best in you, 
and don't be anything but yourself. 
It's easy to lose who you are or to become a bit lost, 
but this quote will always bring you back round, 
and remind you just to be YOU and sod anyone that doesn't allow you to do that . :)



Travel more.

I haven't been on an aeroplane since I was 13. 
That is a LOOOONG time. 
I have completely forgotten what it's like to fly and the concept kind of terrifies me, 
but I'm determined to step on a plane and go somewhere warm this year. 
I really want to go to Playlist Live and Vidcon, both in America 
(where I have never been before) 
so it looks like I'll be dusting off my passport and getting my swimming suit out. *dances*



Choose a healthier option occasionally.

That title could have quite easily just been "eat healthy", 
but I don't want to set myself really unreasonable goals, 
and ban myself from ever ordering a sneaky dominos every once in a while. 
I simply just need to eat a slightly healthier choice every now and then. 
My diet is pretty bad. 
I'll wake up and eat a chocolate bar, 
or make my way through a packet of biscuits for my lunch. 
I'll also drink my weight in hot chocolate (with cream and marshmallows) 
when really I could have a glass of water or a nice fresh smoothie. 
I also think I need to lay off the pizza a bit, or maybe start making my own :) 
It's not in order to lose weight 
(I am already a skinny minny due to my ridiculously fast metabolism) 
but sometimes I worry that the food I eat is doing no good for my insides, 
and making me feel lethargic and I'd like to feel a little healthier.






So those are my little personal challenges/goals I have decided to set myself. 
Some are working well already, 
my diary is full of goings on and I already feel a lot more organised. 
I've already written 2 posts this year AND thoroughly enjoyed writing them. 
I have also picked healthier options, and so far, 
I've gone a whole 14 days without ordering myself a dominos. 
HOORAH! 






What sort of challenges and resolutions have you set yourself for 2015 ?
Are you hoping to look back over them in a year, 
and have completed a good handful if not all of them ?







 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png