11/05/2016

"LEMONADE" ▶ BEYONCÉ | ALBUM REVIEW ♪ ♫







Hey Zengarmy,


Okay ladies (and guys) now let's get in formation.







Okay this album review is definitely coming a little bit too
late on my blog here, BUT HEY, it's better late than never!
So, if you didn't know yet, Beyoncé dropped her 6th solo
album entitled Lemonade on 23 April 2016, and the world
basically went into a crazy mode craving for lemon emojis.
(lemon emoji was trending due to the Lemonade album!)



This record is Beyoncé's second "visual album" following her
Beyoncé》album released in the year 2013, which means that
there's a music video for each and every songs in this album!



However, a sad story here is that Lemonade is only exclusive to
Tidal, which denied the full album streaming on free platforms
such as Spotify or YouTube. Fortunately, courtesy to my friend
who got the access to Tidal, I get to listen to the entire album!






First impression wise, Lemonade is a NO-NO for me.
It is simply too complex to be likeable at the first listen.
This album encompasses TOO MANY genres, which consist of
 R&B, pop, hip hop, blues, rock, soul, funk, country, gospel, & trap.



However, this album will definitely
GROW ON YOU, if given enough time.



Described by Tidal as "every woman's journey of self-knowledge and healing",
Lemonade is basically a story-telling kind of album, rather than those albums made
solely for entertainment purpose. Throughout the entire visual album, prominent title
cards seem to follow the steps of grief: Intuition, Denial, Anger, Apathy, Emptiness,
Accountability, Reformation, Forgiveness, Resurrection, Hope, and Redemption.
I've been listening to the album Lemonade for more than an entire week now,
and I'm surprisingly obsessed with it, despite my first impression towards it.
Lemonade is an art piece created for the matured, & probably not teenagers.



Why is the album called Lemonade?



In one of the songs “Freedom”, Beyoncé includes a home video of Jay Z’s
grandmother Hattie’s 90th birthday party, in which we learn the origin of the
album’s title. At the end of a speech, Hattie says: “I had my ups and downs,
but I always find the inner strength to pull myself up. I was served lemons,
but I made lemonade.”



Lemonade full song track list


( highlighted tracks are my personal favorites! )



1. Pray You Catch Me

2. Hold Up

3. Don't Hurt Yourself (ft. Jack White)

4. Sorry

5. 6 Inch (ft. The Weeknd)

6. Daddy Lessons

7. Love Drought

8. Sandcastles

9. Forward (ft. James Blake)

10. Freedom (ft. Kendrick Lamar)

11. All Night

12. Formation



( Yup. I'm pretty much loving every song now! Heheh! )







"Middle fingers up, put them hands high.
Wave it in his face, tell him: boy, bye."




"I got hot sauce in my bag. Swag."




"Who the fuck do you think I am?
You ain't married to no average bitch boy."





Would you like a glass of lemonade? I sure do ;)








        
(CLICK TO FOLLOW ALONG & STAY UPDATED)

 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png